Sunday, July 31, 2011

The End is Nigh

The end of the world as we know it is near!  The end of summer, that is - oh, we will still have this heat I am sure, but the kids are going back to school, fall sports will be getting prepared for, and schedules will be much fuller.  For the kids that is.  I, for one, have a list of things that I am looking forward to getting done once school starts again!  I will be able to get back to my poor, neglected sewing machine for one.  I had plans of fitting it into my weekly summer routine, but then a certain baby started crawling 3 MONTHS before his siblings ever did so that idea flew out the window!  That isn't the only thing that stopped me though, my work schedule has been nuts the past few weeks as well.  I have talked to my boss (dad) and he has agreed that after I finish up this last project, that he will let me do the minimum that I can for a couple of weeks so that I can make sure the kids have a rockin' last 2 weeks of summer!  I have really LOVED this summer - it is the first summer in 4 years that I have been at home and able to do fun things with the kids.  Well, I was home last summer but was pregnant and sick all the time so don't really count that....  Also, this summer, we took our first family vacation without my parents - wow, I feel like a real adult now!  I love vacationing with all of my family so much but it was a nice bonding time for me, Mike, David and Ally - especially with how much time and energy was devoted to Wyatt with me on bedrest the last couple of months of pregnancy and then the whole having a new baby - those kids really deserved the extra attention!  Wyatt had his first sleepover at my parent's house so he was pretty happy as well.  I will miss all the fun until next summer but boy am I looking forward to having the house to myself again (well, except for Wyatt, of course).

So, what am I going to do with all of my newfound free time?  Number 1 - have more time with God.  Then, sew, organize, and clean out!  I also want to get more organized with my couponing and see if can can figure out a way to stop my desk from looking hurricane-hit within hours of cleaning it off!  I am an orderly person - I have no idea what happens!!!  Maybe I can sweet talk the hubby into putting some shelves up for me hmmm...

What about you?  Are you sad or happy that summer is ending?  Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment